Friday, January 15, 2010

Whoever classed Rap as music? It's just a rant with backing?

If rappers class themselves as urban poets, why don't they write a book of poetry.


Then again, not many words rhyme with motherf****r.Whoever classed Rap as music? It's just a rant with backing?
exactly, it seems most people like rap just for the lyrics, in which case there is no need for it to be in a musical form. I think we have eminem to blame for it becoming so famous and big.Whoever classed Rap as music? It's just a rant with backing?
Finally someone's telling the truth!
m/;lmm
SOME rap is music. The Beastie Boys album ';Paul's Boutique'; is definatley musical. I would also say that OutKast is musical as well.
Each and everyone to their own. The music you like might not be everyones cup of tea either!
jus ur opinion
There are many different styles of rap and i feel music is all about personal opinion, some people may have something to say about what you listen to. Also some people can relate to what they are saying, Others hate it but it is one of the biggest selling genre's ever, meaning millions and millions of people disagree with you.


I believe there is good and bad music in every genre i bet some where out there is a rap song you could apreciate, I have no preference to genre just songs/tunes that i like!
Here here
I'm not really a fan of rap but you just got to accept music as it is. Some people like it, some people dont. Everyone has their own liking. But the rapping has to be good and not a bunch of words clamped together and so only the endings rhyme.
boring ****, what do u listen to? classical i bet. write some rap lyrics and send them to me, see if youve got it in you to make a 'rant' tosser. writing rap lyrics is a talent, if it isnt you shouldnt find this too hard smart ***
I can't stand rap. I think they dropped the ';C'; in front of the word to descibe it. It all sounds the same to me and I don't like the ';topics'; that they choose to rap about.





To each their own I guess.
I think Rap is garbage as well as metal.Both promote violence and drug use
I have to like the beat first then i'll focus on the lyrical content, not really feeling the G unit thing and that type of rap... I like thought provoking lyrics...





My rap song of the moment is Lupe Fiasco ';kick push'; nice rhythm and you can understand his rapping and the story he's telling
Each to their own.





I'm a metal-head and see dance music as mindless drivel, with no meaning except ';I wanna dance with you'; ';or let's have sex';, but I respect the fact that other people enjoy that music. Rap is music. Accept it.
I don't care for most rap. However, I have liked some of Wil Smith's and Eminem's stuff. (but definitely NOT ALL)
I answer a question similar to your's evertime I go to Yahoo Answers. Rap is awful. I hate rap, or hip-hop as the kids call it these days. What happened to music that meant something. Like the music from the 60's and 70's. All rap music is to me is some idiot blabbing on a microphone while some ';sampled'; music is playing. They totally ruin good songs. They don't even attempt to play their own instruments. They just take a good song, and steal their sound. They have no talent what so ever. Hell, most of them can't even spell talent. Most of these (for lack of a better or more describing word)';artists'; are rejects that couldn't make it in the real world, so they decided to go and see a rich, white, producer and sell their souls. They want to talk about gangstas, and sex, and mf this, and anything else that these dumbasses these days think are cool. I hope with a passion, that people will stop buying and requesting this crap so it will die just like 2 pac and Biggie and countless others living that gangsta life. Oh yeah, ';Eazy-E'; died of Aids. We need some positive role models for the kids these days. Not Scarface. Not Vice-City. None of this gangster crap. But that's another topic. Rap is horrible and not music. Try to find the original songs that they stole from. That was music.
Believe it or not, but Rap was invented by the ancient greeks. When Homer wrote the Ilyad and the Odessey he wrote them in a way that when performed, they sounded very much like modern rap. In those days there were no sophisticated drumming machines and stuff but the did have harps so they did make some music for their 'ranting'. Well, of course those lyrics were much more sophisticated and clever than modern day rap. But to answer your question, no it shouldn't be music but then I don't think many rapheads would listen to it. And these days this 'ranting' is just full of swearwords but some of them are really clever but the background noise makes it harder to listen to the words.
I couldn't agree with you more. Whoever classified rap or says it is music must have been hitting the crack pipe a little 2 hard. None of them are musically inclined at all. Most of them whine about how hard life is in their hood. Well if life is so hard then move somewhere else. The good majority of them are a bunch of goofy S.O.B's.
Most rap is crap. (Hey that should be a lyric on every rap song)... I like Atmosphere , Eminem , Will Smith %26amp; Limp Bizkit (Rap metal) but other rap is crap.
most commercial rap is rubbish, but there are some very talented people who dont get played as much... like The Roots or Common
Of course it's music. There's a performance poetry element as well. All music that's genuine is good music, it's all self-expression.





Not to mention the fact that I'm guessing you don't actually know much about rap music based on that comment - mainstream rap music tends to be generic and sh%t, but same goes for every other genre too.
I don't know what it is but it's not music.


Blues...that's music.

No comments:

Post a Comment