Friday, January 15, 2010

Does anyone agree with my rant here about music lately?

I like music, i have high standards for music and up until 2 years ago I could look at the top 10 and find a song I'd enjoy...





But the latest trend in music just bores me: the majority of songs are now dance/techno songs, the singers are now mostly synthesised and the idea of a melody and playing instruments seems to be out of the window...





I'm not saying there isn't good music out there but this dance/techno craze is just awful: in a club it would be great but there's so much more to music than singing about being 'in this club', music can capture and provoke deep emotions, sing about turmoil in the world, tell the world about yourself and this craze just is superficial....





anyway, I expect some people will disagree with me or think i'm moaning (which I kinda am) ....do people think this trend will pass to?Does anyone agree with my rant here about music lately?
Totally agree friend!Does anyone agree with my rant here about music lately?
I hope that trend will pass on, but I know exactly what you're talking about. There are SOME decent songs, but they usually are more towards the bottom half of the top 40 or so. Most things are only good for dancing to, which is fine, but when you're not out with friends or in a club it's basically useless.





I completely agree with you and I really hope music comes back to a point where artistry and quality matter more than a good beat.
I'm going along with you on this, The overly synthesized vocals over pop-tech is getting old (fast). but like most trends in music, I personally hope this one passes faster than the hanson crazy of the mid nineties.
There is around 55 years worth of popular music to listen to, so it's worth looking at older music.
Big Record companies only care about making a quick buck and creating the next big thing that they don't care about how decent the production value of their tracks they put out,They just use the medium of radio and Tv to force poorly written and poorly produced tracks on to the average person if they hear the track enough they will go out and buy it.There's no time or money invested in the exploration of music anymore that's why I believe that the garage and home producing artists will be the ones to explore and create and improve music.
  • moisturizer cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment