Friday, January 15, 2010

Rant/question about arguments in Music... ?

Well, I just wanted to see your opinions on this subject... It's just that... I see so many people who use the exact same phrases to support their arguments, so much that it has become a cliche to say ';pop is corporate mainstream garbage'; or ';Kurt Cobain has raw emotion'; (yes, I do like Nirvana, and yes, Kurt was an awesome musician, but this sentence is OVERUSED, and I'm not directing it towards anyone in particular, so don't take it as an offense if you have actually written that, I'm just stating my opinion) or ';today's generation has become mindless following sheep'; and well... you get the point.





Even though I DO agree with these statements, I find it very annoying that people always seem to use the SAME words to describe it... As if they just copied it from someone else and didn't really form that opinion themselves... I'm not meaning that in a conceited way, I can't pretend to say I can write better arguments, but at least I'd TRY to...





So yeah... I think you get what I'm saying... so, do you agree?


And do you have other examples of such ';cliche phrases'; passing from one essay to the other?





BQ: And here's a non-music related question:


I want your *honest* opinion, I don't want you to lick my shoes and I am not fishing for compliments I want to know your true opinion. I don't care if it's a negative one.





It's just that well, you know... it's kinda hard to judge yourself without being biased... So I'd like to see opinions that aren't biased, based on what you already know about me... What I want to know is, well... Am I close-minded? (and no, this is not meant as a cocky question neither...) But avoid the trite ';f@ggot, f*ck you or ';too long! thx 2 points';'; types of answers. Either you give an actual OPINION, either you shut up...Rant/question about arguments in Music... ?
I see where you're getting at. People think fag, gay, and get a life are all insults and they think they're greatest insults ever. Well people are just too dumb to think of their own stuff. And everytime I see an insult about Kurt it's always a stupid joke about his death. ';What has more brains than Kurt Cobain? The wall behind him.'; Oh ha ha ha! That's real funny making fun of the death of a very great and talented musician. You've opened my mind up more to this. Thanks.Rant/question about arguments in Music... ?
I liked Kurt Corbain I never thought he sang from raw emotions. If you don't mind that I compare him to a fellow that wrote and sang Tears from Heaven. This comes from a sadness that only the beholder can do. One sees a bare soul and the pain that comes from that. They stir up emotions most of us like to hide. I feel a stirring inside that is a true awakening of life. Makes one take comfort in being alive and also a longing for the ones we have lost. This is like walking outside on a sunny day and you stop to look up into the sky and close your eyes to feel the warmth of the sun on your face. As the cool breeze touch's your face.You inhail the fresh air that is there and give a smile for you are truly alive. Music moves us in so many way as life leads us. Do you want to dance. smile
I understand what you're saying, but a lot of times people hear something and go, ';Hey, that's exactly how I feel/think';, so they then in turn use what they heard, because it supports how they think. Did they come up with the saying on their own? No, but the idea is theirs. Yes I hate mindless sheep as much as the next guy, but I don't know everyone's intention.





If we're talking about music, I think you're rather open minded. I remember your questions about various bands...quite the variety.
Well in some Situations you kind of have to say the same Stuff I don't really get what's to complain about because this hasn't even crossed my mind until now but I usually don't take in consideration anyone else's answer / opinion unless I know them or they seem somewhat intelligent... But anyways I don't agree with you on the entire thing but, I will say that people who try to take credit or seem smart from someone else's quote are just stupid...





1. I think you are ';Textually'; Closed minded because I don't believe small things like this should be taken into consideration just ignore them and move on with life haha =)

No comments:

Post a Comment